The London Hockey Junior Committee will be responsible for arranging a wide variety of activity for young players in London from Under 8 to Under 18 in a range of formats. Activity is structured in Tiers to provide an age and skill appropriate level of competitiveness that supports player development.
Fixtures will be available through the Game Management System (GMS) and clubs will be responsible for entering venue details, match times and ensuring all their team contacts are kept up to date.
The Junior Competition Regulations Outdoor and In2Hockey Rules are available on the right hand side of this page.
Under 14, Under 16 & Under 18
- Tier 1 Leagues are intended for the top teams at these age groups.
- In the U14 & U16 age groups, after an initial round of matches at London Area level, the top 3 teams will qualify for a national SupraLeague which will run for the remainder of the season & lead to National Finals. The remaining teams will play in the Junior London Hockey Leagues.
- Tier 2 Leagues are a London Area level competition with a number of divisions arranged geographically to minimise travel as far as possible. London Area Finals will be held at the end of the season.
- Tier 3 Leagues will be organised within the London Area and are designed as a developmental, rather than competitive, environment for the players. Tier 3 will be split into upper and lower levels with a reorganisation in January to try to ensure the teams are evenly matched. London Area Finals will be held at the end of the season.
- Tier 3 London Hockey Cup & Plate Knockout Competitions will be run for the U14 & U16 age groups.
- Tier 4 Festivals involve 7v7 matches.
All league activity in this age group will be the In2Hockey 7v7 format. London Hockey will organise the preliminary Area rounds with the winner going through to the National Finals.
- Tier 1 Leagues are intended to provide a performance environment for teams preparing for the England Hockey In2Hockey competition.
- Tier 2 Leagues are for those teams not intending to enter the England Hockey In2Hockey competition.
- Tier 3 Festivals are a less competitive environment and more for developmental purposes.
Under 8 (mixed) & Under 10
- Festivals in such format as the clubs agree between them i.e 4v4, 5v5, 6v6 or 7v7.
- England Hockey In2Hockey competition for U10 with a London Area Final.
Mini, Mega and Perfomance leagues
|U14 - U18 Tier 1 & 2 Leagues
|U14 - U18 Tier 3 & 4 Leagues and Tier 3 Cup / Plate
|U12 Leagues, Festivals & In2Hockey
|U8 - U10 Festivals & In2Hockey
Support Video around Junior Regulations for Junior Clubs and Teams
Are you coaching, managing, administering or volunteering in a junior team who play in any U14, U16 or U18 Area league competitions or England Hockey Championships? If so, along with England Hockey, we've created a couple of videos that further explain and give tips on what you need to do before, during and after a game, along with some best practice advice to ensure you are adhering to the Junior Regulations.
If your team play games outside of these competitions, then please watch this video where you will find helpful tips on how to manage the game when one side is heavily outplaying the other.